Click a topic, or press the enter key on a topic, to reveal its answer.
1. Who can get an IDNYC card?
2. What are the benefits of getting the card?
3. Can I use my card to apply for a job?
4. Where and how can I get an IDNYC card?
5. Do I have to schedule an appointment?
6. If I don't speak English, will there be someone who can help me in my language?
7. What if I am deaf or hard of hearing and need a sign language interpreter?
And Alcohol Decal Id Tobacco 8. Will the Centers be accessible to people with disabilities?
9. If, due to a disability, I am unable to travel to an IDNYC enrollment center, how can I apply for my IDNYC card?
10. How much will the IDNYC card cost?
11. Does my immigration status affect my eligibility to get an IDNYC?
12. Am I eligible for the card if I am on parole, on probation, or I have any pending charges or involvement with the criminal justice system?
13. Is there an age requirement to be eligible for the card?
14. What information will be on the IDNYC card?
And Alcohol Decal Id Tobacco 15. Can I choose my gender designation? How?
And Alcohol Decal Id Tobacco 16. What does the gender designation “X” mean?
17. Are foreign diplomats and their family members living in New York City eligible to apply for an IDNYC card?
18. How long is the IDNYC card valid for?
19. Is a stepparent eligible to be the caretaker for an applicant age 10-21?
20. What type of documents can I use to prove my residency and identity?
21. How will I know which documents I need?
22. If an applicant has a (physical, intellectual, or developmental) disability, and doesn't have a photo ID or a proof of residency, can they apply with a caretaker?
23. What happens to my information and documents after I provide them for my IDNYC card?
And Alcohol Decal Id Tobacco 24. How can I sign up to be an organ donor?
25. How can I remove my "Organ Donor" designation from my card?
26. How will the City protect my personal identity and residency information?
27. How do I check the status of my application?
28. How will I receive the card?
29. Can I use a residency document that has my spouse or domestic partner's name on it instead of my own?
30. What is the point value of a New York State DMV interim driver license/learner permit and an NYS DMV interim identification card?
And Alcohol Decal Id Tobacco 31. How will I be notified if I am denied an IDNYC card?
32. What do I do if my card is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed?
33. Am I eligible for a Hardship Waiver for my replacement card?
34. Can I get a refund for the $10 replacement card fee?
35. What if I change my name or address?
36. I am transgender and I want my chosen name to appear on my IDNYC card. What should I do?
37. What if I have more than one variation of my name on my documents?
38. What if the names on my documents are not identical or consistent?
39. How will I be able to take advantage of the memberships at museums, zoos, concert halls, botanical gardens, and other cultural institutions?
40. My identity documents are not in English; does IDNYC have onsite document translation services?
41. How do I know when my card was issued?
42. What can I not do with my card?
43. What if I see an unauthorized sale of the IDNYC card?
44. What is the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) and how does it affect IDNYC?
45. How do I learn about other City services I am eligible for?
46. Does my discharge status affect my eligibility for the IDNYC Veteran Designation?
47. What is the IDNYC Online Portal?
48. How do I get a copy of my own or my child's immunization record?
49. How can an employer verify whether an IDNYC card is valid?